A "spousal relationship" includes both a married and an unmarried "common-law" relationship.
A person with family law issues may have questions such as:
- How much time per week may my child live with me?
- How much child support do I owe?
- How much spousal support should I be receiving?
- How do I protect myself and/or my child from my partner?
- Am I allowed to relocate with my child to another city, province, or country?
- Who gets to keep the house?
- Does my Ex have rights to my pension?
- My Ex liquidated our bank accounts, what can I do?
- The Ministry of Child and Family Development (MCFD) has been contacting me, what do I do?
The questions listed above tend to relate to the following family law issues:
- Division of Family Property
- Spousal Support (Alimony)
- Child Support
- Protection from Family Violence (Protection / Restraining Order)
- Financial Restraining Order / Injunction
- Care of Children: Custody / Guardianship / Parenting Arrangements / Parenting Responsibilities / Parenting Time
- Child Protection (Continuing Custody Order, Temporary Custody Order, Supervision Order)